Can't get D calling C to build.

Bob Cowdery bob at bobcowdery.plus.com
Mon Aug 23 14:24:07 PDT 2010

 On 23/08/2010 20:24, Bob Cowdery wrote:
>  On 22/08/2010 22:16, Bob Cowdery wrote:
>>  On 22/08/2010 20:57, bearophile wrote:
>>> Bob Cowdery:
>>> That links works for me :-)
>>> Be happy, bye,
>>> bearophile
>> Works if I paste it but not straight from the email,odd.
> Does the tool work for you. If I just build the default GCC DLL and then
> try to convert the import library it says it's not an import library.
>
> bob
Addendum: The plot thickens. If I build a dll with my VC++ Express 2010
then I can convert the import library and it actually works from D.
However if I build with MinGW GCC it doesn't even recognise the library
even though it is COFF format. My preferred route unfortunately is GCC.
I just got 'The D Programming Language' book and that devotes a whole
half page to this very important topic. This seems to be rather a
minefield and so far there only seems to be one route through it.

bob