Can't get D calling C to build.

Bob Cowdery bob at bobcowdery.plus.com
Tue Aug 24 06:24:33 PDT 2010

 On 23/08/2010 23:04, bearophile wrote:
> Andrej Mitrovic:
>
>> I haven't read the specifics of your problem yet,  but have you tried using the newer TDM port of MinGW? The MinGW binaries are still using an older port of GCC, but the TDM version is much newer, so it might be worth trying it out.
>> Get it from here:  http://tdm-gcc.tdragon.net/
>> Hope that helps.
> I like this, and I love the way you install it, this is the way a compiler has to be installed:
> http://nuwen.net/mingw.html
>
> Bye,
> bearophile
Thanks for the suggestions. I wound back a bit and looked at the 3rd
party libraries I was using and what do you know, they were all dll's
with import libs. I don't know what compiler some were built with but
they all converted with the coffimplib tool. So I rebuilt all my stuff
with dmc and after a bit of faffing around with link errors I got the
whole thing to build with a D front end that just makes a top level call
to initialise everything. It correctly reported it couldn't open a usb
device so it looks like it made its way down through several libraries
to the hardware without choking. I might be on my way :-) .

bob