C++ istream / ostream equivalent ?

Matthias Pleh gonzo at web.net
Wed Dec 1 12:22:58 PST 2010

Am 01.12.2010 20:59, schrieb Jonathan M Davis:
> override is required if you compile with -w. If you don't use -w, the compiler
> won't complain, but I'm not sure that it actually overrides the function in that
> case. So, yes override should be there.

I've just tried it out. It is really overridden, even if the override
keyword is missing.
But the cool thing with override is, when you use it, but mistpyed the
methodname or someone else changed one of the methods, the compiler
know, you wanted to override something, but there isn't anymore to override!

So yes, you're right, override should be used!!