first shot for a combinator library for d

Christian Köstlin christian.koestlin at gmail.com
Fri Dec 10 08:58:03 PST 2010

Hi,

I try to learn D and as a testproject I wanted to implement combinator
parsing for D.

That's what I currently have: https://gist.github.com/736456#file_parser.d

It is a simple combinator library including simple matchers,
alternatives, sequences, optional, transformations of the results and so
on.

included is a unit-test that realizes a very simple expression evaluator
(lexing, parsing and evaluation are all put together into one).

My questions are now:
* Starting from this, how should such a module be named?
* In which package structure should it be put?
* How could the language be made more convinient (e.g. I overloaded ~
and | operations to be able to write something like match("super") |
match("not super"))?

Next steps for me would be to add support for different input that
char[] aka strings.

happy to hear from you

christian