string comparison

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisProg at gmx.com
Tue Dec 21 11:51:10 PST 2010

On Tuesday, December 21, 2010 09:36:20 Stanislav Blinov wrote:
> 21.12.2010 19:55, spir пишет:
> > On Tue, 21 Dec 2010 11:49:42 -0500
> >
> > "Steven Schveighoffer"<schveiguy at yahoo.com>  wrote:
> >> Hm... I always use a newsgroup client, so maybe.  But in any case, I've
> >> never known anyone to have been blocked from posting, and the newsgroup
> >> interface does not have any moderation on it.  I'd be surprised if
> >> anyone with the ability to moderate spends any time moderating the
> >> newsgroup.
> >
> > Mailing list neither (never got any moderation message).
>
> With newsgroups, I never got the moderation warning either.
> But I did get that moderation message and then waited almost a day to
> see my message in the list. But this happened only to the first message
> in each list.

The first message sent to the list has to be okayed by Brad. That way, he has a
way to stop spam bots. When he sees that you at least appear to be a real
person, he lets your first e-mail through and then changes whatever settings he
has to to make it so that the list then just accepts your e-mails. But since he
has to do it personally, there can be a delay between when you send your first
message and when it arrives. I believe that that occurs once per list that you
sign up for.

The only other time that I've seen moderation messages are when I've sent
messages that are too large (because of attachments with code), at which point
Brad has to approve it. In general though, it's preferred that you post a link
to code rather than attach it (which I didn't know at the time).

You typically shouldn't be seeing moderator messages.

- Jonathan M Davis