d programming environment tutorial.

CrypticMetaphor CrypticMetaphor88 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 21 17:26:53 PST 2010

Hello,

I've known D for about two weeks right now, and I kind of like it, a
lot, but, I had a lot of trouble figuring out how to set up a
programming environment. I mean, there were a few choices but some were
abandoned, some things were only for D1(tango??) and others were so bug
ridden that I could not really use without wanting to punch a hole in a
wall every 10 minutes :P. Anyway, I did manage to set up a satisfactory
programming environment with programmers notepad.

I know I'm not the best programmer here by a long shot, but I still like
to support D so I made a video tutorial on how to set it up:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OD8dMclELgI

I've set up a basic SDL project with a little help of Derelict, I think
I'll be making more tutorials in the future, It'll be about simple
things like, programming a particle system in d or maybe a simple ray
tracer. Don't have anything planned out yet, But whatever, I can think
ahead later! Hope you find my video useful.