double -> double[]... | feature or bug?

spir denis.spir at gmail.com
Thu Dec 23 11:51:02 PST 2010

On Thu, 23 Dec 2010 13:38:30 -0500
"Steven Schveighoffer" <schveiguy at yahoo.com> wrote:

> I think it's intentional, and I agree that I've never used or thought
> "gee, I wish D did this".  I wouldn't be sorry to see it go.  In fact, I'd
> advocate for getting rid of it.  It creates a hidden allocation, which I'm
> very much against.

Agreed. Not only hidden allocation, but the "feature" may be unintentionally used, leading to hard-to-find bugs. There should never by (user) type instanciation without explicite mention of the type (if only on the left side of an assignment). Surprise --> bugs.

Denis
vit esse estrany ☣

spir.wikidot.com