discrimination of constructors with same number of parameters

bearophile bearophileHUGS at lycos.com
Thu Dec 30 03:24:52 PST 2010

Jonathan M Davis:

> typedef is definitely on the way out, so that's not a solution,

typedef is deprecated (because its semantics is not flexible enough and because it doesn't play well with object oriented language features), but I have a real need for something like it. Andrei has discussed about a Phobos-based typedef replacement (based on structs + alias this), but nothing concrete has come out yet. I hope to see something to solve problems like spir ones.

> and it would be a pretty fragile one IMHO anyway.

Please, explain better.

Bye,
bearophile