dmd crash help

Don nospam at nospam.com
Tue Feb 2 07:46:56 PST 2010

strtr wrote:
> dmd(1.048/55/56) crashed on me:
> AppName: dmd.exe	 AppVer: 0.0.0.0	 ModName: unknown
> ModVer: 0.0.0.0	 Offset: 00000002
> There is a lot of crash data but I do not know where to start looking.
> I've also tried finding which part of the code is responsible, but I haven't found it yet.

Silent crashes are the worst compiler bugs. I'm desperately trying to
eradicate them all, so please submit a test case if you can.
Known bugs which can cause a segfault or stack overflow on Windows DMD1 are:
3493
2315

The crash data doesn't tell you anything useful.
Try compiling with dmd -v, and it should give you a little bit of a hint
of what it was doing.