dmd crash help

strtr strtr at spam.com
Wed Feb 3 15:32:56 PST 2010

strtr Wrote:

> dmd(1.048/55/56) crashed on me:
> AppName: dmd.exe	 AppVer: 0.0.0.0	 ModName: unknown
> ModVer: 0.0.0.0	 Offset: 00000002
> There is a lot of crash data but I do not know where to start looking.
> I've also tried finding which part of the code is responsible, but I haven't found it yet.

Everything is working again and I have found this piece of code which chokes the compiler.

module main;

//Digital Mars D Compiler v1.056
//bud_win_3.04.exe -full -cleanup

enum ENUM
{
	N0 = 1, //N0 = x; crashes for some values of x, ie. 1 and 10. and not for others ie. 3.
	N1,
	N2,
	N3,
	N4,
	N5,
	N6,
	N7,
	N8,
	N9,
	N10,
	N11,
	N12,
	N13,
	N14,
	N15,
	N16,
	N17,
	N18
}

const char[][ ENUM.max + 1 ] ENUM_NAME =
	[
		ENUM.N0 : "N0",
	];

void main()
{
	char[] text = `Hi`;

	switch(text)
	{
		//case `N0`:				//this works
		case ENUM_NAME[ENUM.N0]:	//this doesn't
			//return ENUM.N0;
		default:
			break;

I will post it together with my previous reported enum incomprehensibility bug if it can't be further minimized.