exceptions

Robert Clipsham robert at octarineparrot.com
Wed Feb 24 10:37:46 PST 2010

On 24/02/10 17:51, Ellery Newcomer wrote:
>> ----
>> import tango.core.tools.TraceExceptions;
>> ----
>>
>> If you want to use gdb then type 'b _d_throw_exception' (or 'b _d_throw'
>> for dmd) before you run your app. This will break on every exception
>> thrown, so you may have to hit 'c' a few times to continue at each
>> thrown exception until you find the one you need.
>
> Thanks!
>
> b _d_throw gives me
>
> Function "_d_throw" not defined.
>
> same for _d_throw_exception.
>
> I can get a breakpoint on _d_arraycopy, but there seem to be way too
> many calls for it to be useful.

Hmm, that's odd... if you type b _d_t<tab> or b _d_<tab> then you should
get a list of runtime functions, do you see anything listed there that
could be related? It seems odd to me that that function isn't there, it
always is for me. I'm pretty sure I use a debug version of the runtime
though, so that could be it. Your best option is probably to use Tango's
built in stack tracing for now if you can't get gdb working properly.
I've never had issues with it, but I use a custom version of gdb with
the D patches applied, as well as a compiler built with debug symbols,
and the runtime/other libraries built with them too in most cases.