Call diagram generation

strt at spam.com strt at spam.com
Mon Jan 4 18:37:17 PST 2010

Lutger Wrote:

> On 01/03/2010 04:31 AM, Strt wrote:
> > How can I generate some sort of call diagram from my D code?
>
> you can compile with (dmd) -profile and run the executable. This
> produces a file called trace.log which contains timings for each
> function and a call graph. It doesn't produce a diagram and has mangled
> symbols though.
>
> You can demangle with std.demangle, read the trace.log with descent or
> use this utility:
> http://www.dsource.org/projects/scrapple/wiki/PtraceUtility
>
> I haven't updated ptrace in quite a while, so I'm not sure if it still
> works.

I just noticed it is called a call graph, being directed and all.
I really just needed the visual thing and seeing that I need to get tango to work to use ptrace (and then maybe it won't work) I really should just take pencil and paper, I think. Also, it is only a sub-section (30 functions or so)  I'm interested in.
Thanks anyway!