Templates with strings

Ali Çehreli acehreli at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 4 00:34:00 PDT 2010

Mike Linford wrote:

 > 2. The reason I don't use CTFE is because I don't know how to be certain
 > its been called at compile time. Apparently using a result in a template
 > like you did will accomplish that, but is there a way I can be sure
 > without making up bogus empty templates?

There is relatively detailed information on what types of functions can
be called at compile time:

   http://www.digitalmars.com/d/2.0/function.html#interpretation

<quote>
In order to be executed at compile time, the function must appear in a
context where it must be so executed, for example:

     * initialization of a static variable
     * dimension of a static array
     * argument for a template value parameter
</quote>

Ali