Placement New

JRM a at b.com
Sun Jul 4 11:05:47 PDT 2010

> Take a look here:
> http://www.digitalmars.com/d/2.0/memory.html
>
> But I think that part of D2 will change because Andrei doesn't like it,
> it will removed and it will be replaced by something I don't understand
> yet.
>
> Bye,
> bearophile

I didn't see anything on that page referring to placement new.  I also
thought I remembered seeing something about class allocators going away
too.  TDPL doesn't mention allocators and only briefly mentioned
placement new, so I wasn't sure if I was just using it incorrectly or if
it is one of those planned but not fully implemented features.  It seems
to be looking like the latter.