d2 compiler

Mafi mafi at example.org
Sun Jul 4 11:06:00 PDT 2010

bearophile:
> Mafi:
>> When try to compile my code doesn't stop to take more RAM.
>
> Maybe it's those appensds. If you have many large strings it's much better both in D and other languages to collect them in an array of strings, and then join them all at the end.
> Try to strip your program to bare-bones if you want to find the source of your problems.
If I understood you correctly, you want to say that the contactation
takes much RAM, but it doesn't even compile. There's no error. It simply
doesn't stop to build and takes more and more RAM.

> Note "$"[0] is probably written '$'.
Yeah, that's right!

It seems some problem of dmd or rebuild because a Hello-World-Program
which also import std.file doesn't stop to compile. If comment out the
std.file-import everything is fine.