stream readf keeps producing bus error on DMD 2.046 on OS X 10.5.8

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisprog at gmail.com
Sat Jul 10 14:59:20 PDT 2010

On Saturday 10 July 2010 13:34:45 RedZone wrote:
> That ended up working.  Thank you!
>
> Yeah, I've heard about stream deprecation as well.  Why are they being
> deprecated, though?

A better design should be coming along as I understand it. I don't know what
issues the current streams have (I haven't used them much) other than the fact
that they're not range-based, but Andrei and company are looking to have a set
of streams that are ranges and work directly with std.algorithm and the like.
The result should be much more powerful. So, streams in the generals sense
aren't going away, but the current design is.

- Jonathan M Davis