Best practice and module declarations

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisprog at gmail.com
Wed Jul 14 15:22:34 PDT 2010

I was wondering what the general consesus was (if there is one) on whether it's
valuable to always put module declarations in each module.

Obviously, if you need the module to have a name other than the file name, then
you need to have the module declaration. However, is it necessarily desirable to
have it when the module name matches the file name? Or would there even be a
reason for it to be desirable _not_ to have the module declaration?

I can't think of any particularly strong reasons to have it or not to have it.
My first reaction is to just always use it, but thinking about it, I'm not sure
that there's really much point if the file name and the module name already
match. Does anyone have reasons why it would matter other than personal
preference?

- Jonathan M Davis