[D1] capitalize cannot be interpreted at CT

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisprog at gmail.com
Thu Jul 22 10:25:04 PDT 2010

On Thursday, July 22, 2010 06:53:30 BCS wrote:
> Hello Don,

> >> evidently ctfe can't eat
> >>
> >> foreach(i, dchar d; s){
> >> }
> >> Bleach. Make sure it's in bugzilla.
> >
> > CTFE currently doesn't work on *any* functions which are implemented
> > in druntime, because it doesn't have access to their source code.
>
> Why don't they have access?

All you have for druntime are .di files (so basically header files rather than
full-on source files) and the library file with the compiled source, so you don't
have the source. Now, as to _why_ that's all you have, I don't know (the .d files
come with phobos). But you need the .d files for the full source, and without
them, you won't be able to use CTFE with the functions in them.

- Jonathan M Davis