D2.0 for first enterprise test

Ralph ralphwoodman at btinternet.com
Sat Jul 24 08:44:04 PDT 2010

Hi,

D2.0 seems to be ideal for the enterprise applications my company
produces and is a big improvement on C++. However before I could
propose it for formal evaluation and prototyping, I need answers to
the following questions. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

1. When will a 64-bit compiler be available for Linux (ideally Red
Hat Enterprise Linux x86_64)?

2. Is ODBC supported? Is there a Phobos library or is it just
accessible via C?

3. Are web-services or SOAP supported? Is there a Phobos or third-
party library/toolkit or is it just accessible via C/Java?

Thanks.