Naming suggestion for this particular delegate/function

Dmitry Olshansky dmitry.olsh at gmail.com
Sat Jul 31 14:47:24 PDT 2010

On 31.07.2010 22:07, Bruno Medeiros wrote:
> Consider the familiar functional idiom "map"
> (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Map_%28higher-order_function%29)
>
> What would you call such a function parameter (either for map or just
> generally). That is, what would you call a function that takes one
> parameter of some type, and produces another object/data from that input?
Generally ? transform, mutate. But most of the time you better get some
natural name close to semantics of operation (in any special cases).
> Is there any usual name/term for this, I wonder, or not really?

Well usually it's called map. And, in fact, there is very generic (and
cute) one in Phobos by the very same name.
Sadly it's somewhat bogus right now (which is known compiler fault).
There are some workarounds posted on NG.

--
Dmitry Olshansky