Converting between string and const char*

Robert Clipsham robert at octarineparrot.com
Wed Mar 3 12:02:05 PST 2010

Hi all,

I'm playing with D2/Phobos, and was wondering what the right way to
convert between const char* and string is? In D1/Tango I could use
toStringz() and fromStringz() from tango.stdc.stringz, I can only find
an equivalent for toStringz in D2/Phobos though, in std.string. What can
I use as a replacement to tango's fromStringz, or will I need to roll my
own? I also tried using std.conv.to!(), but that doesn't seem to support
converting between them.

Robert