Tidy attributes

bearophile bearophileHUGS at lycos.com
Thu Mar 11 13:44:18 PST 2010

Pelle M.

> static does not apply to free functions, I would guess this means the
> same as auto.

As far as I know a global function like:
auto foo() {}
is correct in D2, it means the compiler will infer the return type, that here is void. That's why I have not added this case to that list.

>static here means 'known at compile time', I think.

As far as I know, it's "enum" that has that purpose.

> As you say, these are odd issues indeed. :)

I'll wait for more answers, and then I'll add to Bugzilla. Java is not the language I prefer, but I like a lot the strictness of its compiler, it makes sure your attributes are all correct and meaningful. This avoids bugs and do helps newbies learn the language in less time.

Thank you for your answers,
bearophile