installing dranges? (Re: Flatten range of ranges)

Philippe Sigaud philippe.sigaud at gmail.com
Thu May 6 14:53:22 PDT 2010

Graham:
>I should clarify that I know I can just put the dranges sources in, e.g,

> a 'dranges' subdirectory, compile drange/*.d into a library and do
> something like:
>
> dmd -Ldranges/dranges.a -Idranges test.d
>
> ...and I could modify /etc/dmd.conf by hand to add my dranges directory
> to the appropriate paths. But I wonder if I'm missing a more idiomatic
> way to install third-party libraries for D2.
>
> Thanks,
> Graham

Then you know as much as me. I don't even compile them into a library, I
just add them into my current project (Code::Blocks accepts this) and
compile the entire project.

I just put a zip file in the download area with some new modules and all the
modules inside a dranges directory.
What I'd do is just putting the dranges dir inside my project and do

import dranges.all;

in my own module. It seems in this case you don't even need to indicate any
path or whatever.
"
module mymod;
import dranges.all;

void main() {}
"

% dmd mymod

(untested, I use DMD under windows and am on Linux right now, but IIRC it
worked for me.)

Philippe