std.complex

Robert Clipsham robert at octarineparrot.com
Sat May 8 18:50:13 PDT 2010

On 09/05/10 02:27, eles wrote:
> Hello,
>   I just installed dmd 2.045 (unarchived in c:\dmd2) and put c:
> \dmd2\windows2\bin on path.
>
>   Compiling the following:
>
> import std.complex;
>
> int main(){
>
> 	return 0;
> }
>
> fails with:
>
> C:\dmd2>dmd test.d
> OPTLINK (R) for Win32  Release 8.00.2
> Copyright (C) Digital Mars 1989-2009  All rights reserved.
> http://www.digitalmars.com/ctg/optlink.html
> test.obj(test)
>   Error 42: Symbol Undefined _D3std7complex12__ModuleInfoZ
> --- errorlevel 1
>
> why?

You usually get this error when you haven't passed the relevant file to
dmd. I don't use windows so I can't verify what's going on here, it
seems phobos isn't getting linked in though. Do you get any errors like
this if you try and import std.stdio? If so make sure you have dmd set
up correctly, that is having the library search paths and librarys
correct in dmd's config file, and making sure dmd is finding its config
file.

Sorry I can't give more specific advise, the steps that need to be taken
are different to linux/os x/freebsd... Someone else with more windows
experience may be able to help here :)