Latest GDB version problems

Robert Clipsham robert at octarineparrot.com
Mon May 10 12:02:59 PDT 2010

On 10/05/10 19:48, Piotrek wrote:
> (gdb) info locals
> i = 1
> s = 578159222890430469
> f = 9.55146781e-38
> (gdb) show language
> The current source language is "auto; currently d".

You are not using a version of gdb with D support if s is not displayed
as a string. This said, I've only ever looked at variables using print
or a backtrace, could you try 'p s' and see what result it gives? If
it's the same you aren't using a D capable version of gdb. This said, it
should be working in that version of gdb, I guess there's some other
issues there if this is the case.

> Reading symbols from
> /home/pio/dev/d/projects/cb_test/hello...Segmentation fault

This is a gdb issue, not a D issue, you should report this issue to the
gdb developers so they can add a test case to their test suite and fix
the bug :)

> Does anyone can work with gdb on linux?

I do, and it works great for me :) This said, if you have issues with it
it's good to voice them to either the D community or the gdb devs if
appropriate so we can work out any issues and make debugging D on
linux/freebsd/os x etc a pleasant experience. It isn't right now, but
the situation's far better than it was a few weeks ago (it was
impossible to do anything non-trivial then :P)