opAddAssign still works

Simen kjaeraas simen.kjaras at gmail.com
Tue May 11 06:14:37 PDT 2010

Steven Schveighoffer <schveiguy at yahoo.com> wrote:

> But this function never gets called.  I found out recently that template
> functions are not allowed in interfaces, which makes it impossible to
> use the new operator overloads on interfaces.

The problem is however, that template functions can't be virtual, and
thus can't be stuffed into interfaces. Mayhaps however, specific
instantiations could be.

Of course, implementing some kind of dynamic vtable, that could be
updated at link-time, would make many kinds of magic possible, and
might be a solution. No idea how possible this is, though.

--
Simen