Loop optimization

Jouko Koski joukokoskispam101 at netti.fi
Sun May 16 08:26:13 PDT 2010

"div0" <div0 at users.sourceforge.net> wrote:
> Ah, I only do C++, where the standard is to not initialise.

No, in C++ all *global or static* variables are zero-initialized. By
default, stack variables are default-initialized, which means that doubles
in stack can have any value (they are uninitialized).

The C-function calloc is required to fill the newly allocated memory with
zero bit pattern; malloc is not required to initialize anything. Fresh heap
areas given by malloc may have zero bit pattern, but one should really make
no assumptions on this.

--
Jouko