Loop optimization

bearophile bearophileHUGS at lycos.com
Sun May 16 18:25:38 PDT 2010

Walter Bright:
> This is simply false. DMD does an excellent job with integer and pointer
> operations. It does a so-so job with floating point.
> There are probably over a thousand optimizations at all levels that dmd does
> with integer and pointer code.

You are of course right, I understand your feelings, I am a stupid -.-
I must be more precise in my posts. You are right that surely dmd performs numerous optimizations. What I meant to say was a comparison with other compilers, particularly ldc. And even then generic words about a generic comparison aren't useful. So I am sorry.

Bye,
bearophile