help needed with gdb

Robert Clipsham robert at octarineparrot.com
Wed May 19 15:02:14 PDT 2010

On 19/05/10 20:45, eles wrote:
> as you see, the debug session was unsuccesful. can anybody enlighten me why?
> what is the line "warning: the debug information found in "/lib/ld-2.11.1.so"
> does not match "/lib/ld-linux.so.2" (CRC mismatch)."?
>
> thank you
>
> eles

You'd need to talk to the gdb devs about this, I'm not sure what this
error means, given that it's to do with .so's that aren't part of the D
distribution I'd guess it's a general gdb error. Try the following C
code and see if you get the same error when trying to debug it:
----
int main()
{
   return 0;
}
----
$ gcc -g test.c -o test
$ gdb ./test
<run the same commands as before in gdb>

If you get the same errors it's either a gdb problem or a problem with
your set up. As a side note, if you want to break at the main() function
in your D file, you need to do 'break _Dmain'.