Newbie: copy, assignment of class instances

bearophile bearophileHUGS at lycos.com
Thu May 20 16:20:27 PDT 2010

Larry Luther:

> I did not get an error when building and running with DMD 2.042:

I am using dmd v2.046, and I have taken the good habit of compiling with -w (warnings on).
It seems this error I see is a blocking warning. It's a warning badly written, but do you agree it is saying something important? I presume your code can lead to bugs. I don't know why this is a warning instead of a true error...

On your code it also complains for a missed "override" that is a good thing that eventually will become obligatory even without -w.

When you post here I suggest you to avoid using HTML and use pure text.

Bye,
bearophile