Newbie: copy, assignment of class instances

Larry Luther larry.luther at dolby.com
Thu May 20 17:17:19 PDT 2010

Ok, Ok,
  I'm a newbie to D, not to programming.  The first computer I got to
program was a Digital PDP-8L.
  I'm learning D.
  I'm learning how to use SlickEdit as an IDE for D.
     I've never used it to compile, debug, and execute before.
     Therefore it will take a while before I can figure out where to add -w
       (Yes I like to turn on all warnings too).
  I'm relearning OutlookExpress for reading news.  I wanted a fixed width
font
    and couldn't configure OutlookExpress intuitively.  The IT guy said use
HTML
    and that worked, but you don't like it, so I've gotten heavy handed with
OutlookExpress
    and it looks like I have it.  I don't have any option for using spaces
for indentation,
    (my preference too).  The OutlookExpress editor must be replacing my
spaces with tabs.
  The Association of Computing Machinery did a study of indentation a long
time ago
    and found that indentations of 2 or 3 were best.  I picked 2.

news:ht4ga0$1099$1 at digitalmars.com...