read-only access

spir denis.spir at gmail.com
Tue Nov 2 12:33:41 PDT 2010

Hello,

Is the D way to make read-only symbols (of a class, struct, module) to write a getter for a private symbols?

Additional question: just realised one can omit () on func calls! Is this systematic when a func has no param? I thought it was not the case, because it does not work with writeln (the first func on which I tried, indeed!). Is it only because writeln is parameterized (with (T...)) or is there any other reason I'm not aware of?

struct P {
    private int my_i;
    int i() {return this.my_i;}
    void doit() {writeln("...doing...");}