just stop program

spir denis.spir at gmail.com
Fri Nov 5 05:20:12 PDT 2010

On Fri, 05 Nov 2010 09:47:37 +0000
div0 <div0 at sourceforge.net> wrote:

> On 05/11/2010 09:32, spir wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > Is there a way for a program to simply exit before end of main()? An instruction like exit, quit, end, halt, stop...
> >
> > [assert(false) is not why I'm looking for, as (1) the compiler protests if there is unreachable code (2) it throws in non-release mode. I just want the program to stop, basta! My use case is first debugging (avoid later debug output to be written on terminal).]
> >
> > Denis
> > -- -- -- -- -- -- --
> > vit esse estrany ☣
> >
> > spir.wikidot.com
> >

> import std.c.process
>
> then you've exit(int) & abort()
>
> You can get access to most C library functions through std.c.*,
> so it's always worth a quick check in there for lower level stuff.

Thank you, that's what I was looking for.
I don't know much about C libs. For me, such functionality belongs to plain D libs, as not only people translating or interfacing with C code need it, I guess. Thanks also to Lars for the precision about core.stdc... But I cannot find its doc online.

Denis

vit esse estrany ☣

spir.wikidot.com