Trouble with OPTLINK

Aardvark Soup tomtervoort at gmail.com
Sat Nov 13 12:53:09 PST 2010

Every time I try to compile a multi-file project the linker gives me a
whole list of "Symbol undefined" errors. For example, given the
extremely simple source file test.d:

module test;
import test2;
import std.stdio;

void main()
{
     writef("%d",foo);
}

And test2.d:

module test2;

int foo() {return 42;}

Then I get the following error when I run dmd test:

OPTLINK (R) for Win32  Release 8.00.2
Copyright (C) Digital Mars 1989-2009  All rights reserved.
http://www.digitalmars.com/ctg/optlink.html
test.obj(test)
  Error 42: Symbol Undefined _D5test23fooFZi
--- errorlevel 1

I've already tried cleaning up all build files and adding the current
directory to the system PATH, both to no avail. This does not happen
while I compile single-file programs that import from the standard
library. Does anyone have an idea how to fix this?

Thanks in advance.