Nested associative arrays

spir denis.spir at gmail.com
Sun Nov 14 01:35:42 PST 2010

On Sun, 14 Nov 2010 00:03:48 +0000
div0 <div0 at sourceforge.net> wrote:

> yeah, but dmd's parser was written by hand so it's not surprising there
> are inconsistency's with what works where.

Well, most (all?) truely used languages have hand-written parsers, AFAIK. The issue is not with writing the parser, I guess, but with having a clear, unambiguous, complete, definition of the language ;-)

> I finally found the bit where it describes associative array literals
> and they look identical to initialising a flat array, so god only knows
> which one gets picked when. It would be better if they where made different.

... with the tiny difference AAs are supposed to have (explicite) keys ;-)

Denis
vit esse estrany ☣

spir.wikidot.com