Find out most derived class in base class

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisProg at gmx.com
Fri Nov 19 12:57:38 PST 2010

On Friday 19 November 2010 12:50:13 Michal Minich wrote:
> How do I solve this, without parametrizing class.
>
> class Base {
>     void foo () { I want get somehow to type *Derived2* at CT }
> }
>
> class Derived1 : Base { }
> class Derived2 : Base { }

I think that you're going to give more details about what you're tring to do.

And aside from the fact that it's generally bad practice to have your base
classes know anything about your derived clases, what makes Derived2 "more"
derived than Derived1? (since your topic seems to indicate that you somehow want
it to use Derived2 rather than Derived1 because it's "more" derived)

- Jonathan M Davis