A CTFE Segfault (with explanation, but I'm not sure what the

Per Ångström d-news at autark.se
Mon Nov 22 09:02:38 PST 2010

On 2010-11-22 13:20, bearophile wrote:
> Per Ångström:
>
>> Surely this must be more of a convention than a rule. Unless you are
>> writing a standard library I think you should be able to use whatever
>> capitalization standard you find appropriate.
>
> If you live in a cave and there is zero probability that I will see and use the D code you write, then you are free to write D code as you like.
>
> Otherwise if you want to contribute the D community with your code, then you are supposed to follow basic language conventions, like using struct/class names that start with upper case, function/method names that start with lower case, and no underscores inside them.
>
> Bye,
> bearophile

I haven't yet found the official document describing the naming standard
for D, so seeing such an assertive statement from you just had to
trigger a reaction in me. Actually, I tend to use the same basic
convention as you, but there are other conventions that are equally
valid, in my view.

I see you have now started a thread in d.D about this. That will be
interesting.
--
Cheers,
Per Å.