Map and arrays

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisProg at gmx.com
Sun Nov 28 20:58:59 PST 2010

On Sunday 28 November 2010 19:53:36 Tom wrote:
> I'm not criticizing ddoc color or fonts. I mean, for example, in the
> index of symbols at the beginning of every ddoc page, there are
> functions, constants, classes, and templates, all mixed and each next to
> the other. It doesn't even have an alphabetic ordering. It was difficult
> to me at first sight to understand where to look for things. Maybe it's
> not that important as bugfixes, but when new programmers get close to D2
> (even old D1 fans, like myself), I'm afraid that more than one could
> feel some frustration.

Oh, I agree, as do many others. But someone has to come up with a better way of
doing it and be motivated enough to figure out what has to be done with regards
to macros and css and whatever else about generating the html files needs to be
tweaked. Some folks have done work on it, but no one has presented a better
solution yet. And the main devs for dmd, druntime, and Phobos are generally
working on code fixes rather than documentation fixes. I'm sure that it'll be
improved eventually, but someone has to want to do it, get it done, and get the
main devs to approve it. That hasn't happened yet.

- Jonathan M Davis