Calling D function from C

Denis Koroskin 2korden at gmail.com
Tue Oct 12 00:14:19 PDT 2010

On Tue, 12 Oct 2010 08:10:31 +0400, Daniel Worthington
<daniel.worthington at gmail.com> wrote:

> Linking with the phobos lib got it to compile, but I get a Bus Error when
> running: EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGBUS). Playing with the code a bit and
> looking at
> the crash reports, it looks like this happens whenever the D code tries
> allocate memory.
>
> Do you think this is an issue of using dmd and gcc together? I'm on Mac
> OS
> X.
>
> Daniel

I think that's because you skipped some initialization for D.
At the very least, a GC needs to be initialized first.

Try calling gc_init() (defined in core.memory) and thread_attachThis()
(core.thread) because invoking other D code.

That should help.