dmd 2.049 bug with take and SList?

Nick Treleaven nospam at example.net
Wed Oct 13 09:46:09 PDT 2010

Hi,
I'm new to D2 ranges but have been following D for some time. I'm posting
here because I want to check if I'm doing anything wrong before filing a
bug.

The code below is a test case I made after hitting the problem in real
code. Basically the pyramid recursive function should print out:
[1, 2, 3]
[1, 2]
[1]

This works fine when calling with an int[] range, but calling with
SList!int seems to make the compiler hang, eating up memory.

Should I file a bug?

import std.stdio;
import std.range;
import std.container;

void pyramid(Range)(Range items)
{
	if (items.empty)
		return;
	writeln(items);
	auto len = walkLength(items);
	auto r = take(items, len - 1);
	pyramid(r);
}

void main()
{
	/* array version is fine */
	int[] arr = [1, 2, 3];
	pyramid(arr[]);

	SList!int list = [1, 2, 3];
	pyramid(list[]);	/* infinite loop with dmd 2.049 */