What sorts of things cause cyclic dependencies?

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisProg at gmx.com
Wed Oct 13 21:25:15 PDT 2010

Okay. in the code that I'm working on at the moment, I get an exception saying
that a cyclic dependency was detected but no information whatsoever as to where
it is or what it means. I haven't been able to find much information on them
other than some discussions of making it so that the compiler detects them at
compile time. I have yet to figure out _what_ it is that is causes such errors.
Could someone clue me in? It's really hard to track down a bug when the error
only tells you that there's a bug and doesn't say anything about where it
happens, and I have no clue what sort of things can be cyclically dependent.

- Jonathan M Davis