Cannot find symbol using wine

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisProg at gmx.com
Sun Oct 24 20:33:40 PDT 2010

On Sunday 24 October 2010 18:20:53 Denis Koroskin wrote:
> On Mon, 25 Oct 2010 05:03:50 +0400, Jonathan M Davis <jmdavisProg at gmx.com>
>
> wrote:
> > I'm trying to read from the registry (thus far unsuccesfully).
> > core.sys.windows.windows has RegOpenKeyExA() in it, and I'm trying to
> > use it to
> > read a registry key. However, when I use it, I get this error upon
> > compilation:
> >
> > Error 42: Symbol Undefined _RegOpenKeyExA at 20
> >
> > I'm using wine, and according to
> > http://source.winehq.org/WineAPI/RegOpenKeyExA.html it appears to be
> > implemented. So, what on earth could I be missing? Any help would be much
> > appreciated.
> >
> > - Jonathan M Davis
>
> This function isn't implemented in Phobos, it's implemented in advapi32.dll
> You either need to link with advapi32.lib or a linkage.def file with the
> following contents (without quotes):
>
> "EXETYPE NT
>
> IMPORTS
> _RegOpenKeyExA at 20 = advapi32.RegOpenKeyExA"
>
> Hope that helps.

I haven't had this problem with any other windows calls that I've used. As long
as they've been in druntime, they've worked. Are you suggesting that that's the
case because Phobos or druntime also happened to link aganst any of the other
windows functions that I've used, and that in this case, they don't, so I have
to link it explicitly?

- Jonathan M Davis