Exception stack traces on Phobos2? (Win or Lin)

Brad Roberts braddr at puremagic.com
Sat Sep 4 15:26:54 PDT 2010

On 9/4/2010 3:14 PM, Nick Sabalausky wrote:
> "Nick Sabalausky" <a at a.a> wrote in message
> news:i5ufqs$1v26$1 at digitalmars.com...
>> Is there a way to get stack traces for exceptions on Phobos2? For either
>> Windows (preferably), or for Linux.
>>

> Oops, sorry, I completely forgot I asked the exact same thing here little
> more than a month ago :)
>
> But, someone there reported they're getting them in Linux as long as they
> don't use -release, but on Linux, even with both -debug and -g, I'm just
> getting meaningless addresses, no names or anything.

Progress has been made, but it's slow in coming.  Sean just landed a rewrite of
the buggy and inefficient std.demangle as core.demangle, an important stepping
stone to adding that to the stack trace generator.  I'm investigating a couple
issues with it right now, in fact.

  See also: bug 1001

Later,
Brad