forks/pipes and std.socket

Nick Sabalausky a at a.a
Fri Sep 10 13:12:29 PDT 2010

"Steven Schveighoffer" <schveiguy at yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:op.vitle0kgeav7ka at localhost.localdomain...
> On Thu, 09 Sep 2010 18:29:55 -0400, Nick Sabalausky <a at a.a> wrote:
>

>> Maybe the OS is just allowing me to use the wrong file descriptor?
>
> OK, after downloading the latest dmd, testing your code, and perplexing a
> while, then reading the source of phobos, I realized that you are using
> std.stream.File, not std.stdio.File.  The former is being deprecated for
> the latter.
>
> Yes, std.stream.File will work.  But std.stdio.File is what is going to be
> supported.  std.stream is scheduled for deprecation.

Ahh ok, I thought it seemed strange that there were both. std.stdio.File is
going to allow using a file descriptor, right? It looked like all it
currently supports in its public interface was a filename, but maybe I'm
remembering wrong.

Supposing I did need to convert the handle to a file descriptor, is there
already a way to do that, or is that in-the-works?