Are there active D Communities?

Nick Sabalausky a at a.a
Sun Sep 12 11:35:15 PDT 2010

"Ingrater" <code at benjamin-thaut.de> wrote in message
news:i6irfq$suo$1 at digitalmars.com...
> Are there active D-Communities besides the official D forums here on
> digitalmars.com? Everything I found so far is pretty outdated with the
> latest
> news dating back 2 or more years. Is most of the D-Community dead or are
> there
> hidden parts of it I can not find? And if it is dead, why did it die? D
> appears to be a pretty solid language.

Aside from what Jacob said, I think this newsgroup just tends to be where D
users generally gravitate.

Also, since D is a langauge without any corporate backing, gaining awareness
and respect has been a long uphill battle - but with steady progress though,
and Andrei's book seems to be really starting to help too.