FIle I/O

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisProg at gmx.com
Thu Sep 16 15:55:27 PDT 2010

On Thursday, September 16, 2010 13:16:03 Kagamin wrote:
> Tom Kazimiers Wrote:
> > Hi Graham,
> >
> > On 09/16/2010 04:28 PM, Graham Nicholls wrote:
> > > I'm writing a program to take a file and convert it into a binary
> > > format which matches the format produced by a system which we use.  If
> > > I get it right, this will allow me to "replay" the file into the
> > > system.  However I can't find how to do I/O in D.  I've got the "D
> > > Programming Language" and "Tango" books, but not much there, and as a
> > > C/C++ programmer, Tango doesn't seem that appealing
> > >
> > > :-).  Is there a tutorial anywhere?
> >
> > in case you did not find some example code yet:
> > http://www.dprogramming.com/FileTutorial.html
> >
> > Regards,
> > Tom
>
> Weren't streams converted to ranges?

Not yet. std.stream as it is is going to be deprecated/removed. However, the
Phobos team does not yet have a replacement for it (which will be a range-based
stream solution). I believe that there's at least one implementation floating
around which might make it into Phobos, but nothing has been approved yet for
inclusion.

- Jonathan M Davis