Problem with compiling code with DMD 2.049

Andy Elvey andy.elvey at paradise.net.nz
Fri Sep 24 18:25:47 PDT 2010

Hi all -
 I'm a first-timer here and very keen to get into some D coding!
Unfortunately, I have a problem. I've installed the "one-click" .deb package
from Digital Mars, but when I try to compile a very simple D program, I get
this message -
dmd -w -c "hello.d" (in directory: /home/andy/d_stuff)
Compilation failed.
object.d: Error: module object cannot read file 'object.d'

So, does anyone know what is causing this, and how it can be fixed?
It looks like the compiler is unable to find something.

Very many thanks in advance - bye for now -
- Andy