Problem with compiling code with DMD 2.049

Jesse Phillips jessekphillips+D at gmail.com
Sat Sep 25 20:43:08 PDT 2010

Russel Winder Wrote:

> It perhaps should be noted that the deb is a 32-bit Ubuntu deb and so
> may not work on Debian, or any Ubuntu other than the one compiled on
> (i.e. Lucid, Karmic, etc.).  Rather than fight with installing a 32-bit
> deb on a 64-bit system, I just install the binary tarball -- but in my
> personal store not into /usr which should only be installed to by debs.
>
> Launchpad has a PPA facility that allows for creation of working debs
> for all Ubuntu releases simply by uploading a release tarball and
> pressing a button -- once configuration is complete.  Might be worth
> considering?
>
> --
> Russel.

The issue was purely dmd.conf as the error was not with installing the Deb.

Andy Elvey, you should be able to fix it with this, but if you continue to have problems you can build your own deb fairly simply with ddebber:

http://dsource.org/projects/ddebber/wiki

The following programs will be required to run it:

$ sudo aptitude install build-essential unzip wget html2text

Then run the program like so:

$ ./dmddebber -d -v 2.049

I can not distribute build deb packages.