date and time, std.c.stdio

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisProg at gmx.com
Sat Sep 25 23:41:49 PDT 2010

On Saturday 25 September 2010 22:40:39 Joel Christensen wrote:
> Thanks Jonathan. My plan is to use the C version, and not use the big
> time_t number. I'm actually using std.c.stdio module too, for binary
> files, I probably should use std.stream or some thing.

Well, std.stdio will give you a way to read binary files, so you can use that,
but you should probably avoid std.stream. As far as I know, it works just fine,
but it's scheduled for deprecation as soon as a replacement has been decided on.
std.stream is not range-based, and the phobos developers what streams in phobos
to be range-based, so they plan to replace std.stream, but they're still trying
to figure out what the best design for the the new std.stream should be, and so I
have no idea when it'll actually be replaced.

- Jonathan M Davis