Mixing array prefix/postfix declaration

simendsjo simen.endsjo at pandavre.com
Sun Apr 3 08:02:37 PDT 2011

I just noticed that the documentation contradicts itself.
Array says:
"
Rationale: The postfix form matches the way arrays are declared in C
and C++, and supporting this form provides an easy migration path
for programmers used to it.
"

And Declarations says:
"
C-style array, function pointer and pointer to array declarations
are deprecated:
"

But when trying to use C style functions I get this error:
"
C-style function pointer and pointer to array syntax is deprecated.
 Use 'function' to declare function pointers
"

But the arrays doesn't give an error. So... Is C style array
declarations deprecated?